New beauty treatments appear regularly, but one thing remains the same - collagen for hair is still considered an important component of quality care. Innovations can dramatically transform strands.
How does collagen treatment work and are there any equally effective alternatives?
What is collagen and why it is useful for hair
Collagen is the basis of connective tissue, an important protein in the extracellular matrix of the skin, and it is also present in hair and nails. It is produced naturally in our body, but sometimes it is not enough. In its natural form, it prevents hair brittleness, hair loss, but also stimulates growth and helps to strengthen the bulbs. In general, the role of collagen is very important, so it is both taken internally and used externally. In the first case, of course, it is important to consult a doctor.
Collagen for hair is a hydrophilicator. It retains moisture, which allows you to hydrate the curls to make them look healthy, more elastic and supple, shiny and soft. There are different procedures with this substance: for example, collagen hair straightening has an exclusively aesthetic purpose - curls are smoothed out and become docile. Somewhat different result of collagen restoration is intensive care for nourishing and moisturizing.
What collagen does for hair:
- fixes moisture, fights dryness;
- wraps the curls with a thin protective film;
- increases the elasticity and resilience of hair;
- scales of the cuticle stick together, which gives smoothness and silkiness;
- a natural shine appears;
- the structure of the hair shaft thickens;
- hair is less frizzy and tangled.
What is collagen hair restoration
Collagen hair restoration is an intensive salon treatment aimed at strengthening and moisturizing the strands. It is definitely worth paying attention to this service for those who want to prolong the youthfulness (i.e. density) and beauty of their curls.
The procedure is suitable for damaged, dyed, brittle and dull hair that has been chemically permed and subjected to regular styling with heated appliances. Restoration, or collagen hair wrap, gives instant results, especially if the strands have been seriously damaged.
Pros and cons of collagen hair reconstruction
Collagen hair reconstruction has obvious pluses:
- hair becomes stronger, more elastic and looks healthier;
- the effect is immediate and cumulative;
- suitable for colored and bleached hair;
- has no contraindications (except for individual intolerance), it is possible to carry out collagenization of pregnant and lactating women;
- the procedure is harmless and has no consequences for the hair and body in general.
To the disadvantages we can include the following:
- high price of the procedure - of course, relatively high;
- short-term results - from a few days (on badly damaged hair) to three months;
- the need for special supportive care at home;
- for a long-term effect, a course of 3-5 procedures is required (twice a month for significantly damaged curls);
- on healthy hair excessive collagen can lead to stiffness and brittleness.
1. Hair Serum helps strengthen and restore the weakest and most damaged hair. It brings useful nutrients. Enriched with Organic Argan Oil, Hemp Oil, Castor Oil, Macadamia Oil, Jojoba Oil and Dead Sea Minerals which protect the hair against the rigors of daily life that affect the quality of the hair.
Argan Oil penetrates deeply into hair follicles strengthens hair and prevent hair loss. This unicle formula impregnated with collagen deeply rebuilds the damaged structure of devitalized and weakened hair; it provides the necessary proteins for deep hydration the collagen seals the cuticle of the hair which gives them a beautiful shine. Easy to unravel, your hair is soft and silky.
2. Express Repair Spray helps strengthen, moisturize and restore the weakest and most damaged hair. From the first application, you will see an immediate effect on your hair. That will be shiny and easy to comb. This unique formula contains a blend of collagen and argan oil that smooths the surface of the hair instantly providing shine and volume, restructure the hair fiber by filling the damaged areas with liquid keratin.
Organic Argan Oil, Castor Oil, Macadamia Oil, Jojoba Oil and Dead Sea Minerals