It is known that the skin around the eyes is the most sensitive and thin. Therefore, it requires special care. Conventional face creams are not suitable in this case, because their components may not have the desired effect. When choosing skincare products, it is important to pay attention to your skin type. Many women do not consider this fact and make the mistake of using eye cream.
Top 7 most common mistakes
Signs of fatigue and dull skin tone around the eyes don't just spoil your appearance, they also signal that your epidermis needs help. To eliminate these problems, cosmetic brands offer eye creams. This is a very important cosmetic product, which must be included in the complex of other products designed for skin care. For the cream to be beneficial, you need to know how to use it correctly. Here are some of the most common mistakes women make when caring for sensitive skin.
- Do not care for the dermis around the eyes at all. Some ladies believe that this area of the epidermis does not need care. Many do with an ordinary washcloth. The lack of care at first may not be noticeable, but soon it will respond with early wrinkles and too dry skin.
- Using facial cleansers as a product to remove eye makeup. These products have a significant difference between them, consisting in their purpose. Cleansing cosmetics fight subcutaneous fat and decorative cosmetics. Since the area around the eyes has almost no time, there is almost no trace of subcutaneous fat. As a result, the applied product will dry out the dermis, leading to loss of moisture and more likely to provoke wrinkles. It is necessary to choose a cosmetic with a special marking on the label that it is suitable for the eye area.
- Intermittent care. Using creams occasionally won't have any effect. Facial mimicry puts a lot of stress on the area around the eyes. In addition, the fair sex uses decorative cosmetics almost every day, stretching the dermis. Therefore, this sensitive area should be cared for carefully and regularly. The minimum care program should consist of a moisturizer, which should be applied in the morning and evening. If you spend a lot of time at the computer, it is worth giving preference to products with components that have a calming effect.
- Using one cosmetic product to solve a specific problem. It is a mistake to think that the problems of dull tone and pronounced signs of fatigue can be solved by one particular product, which, for example, is designed only to combat dull skin tone. It cannot provide complete care. It is better to additionally choose moisturizing creams with natural components in their composition or buy universal products, the active ingredients of which have a complex effect.
- Incorrect application. After applying the cosmetic, many people start to feel burning and itching in the eyelid area. This discomfort is often caused by improper application. It is not necessary to apply the product at a very close distance to the lashes, as creams tend to spread. It is enough to apply the cream 1 cm from the lash growth line. This prevents the cream from getting on the lash contour or in the eye.
- Applying too much cream. Cream should be applied to the eye sockets, avoiding contact with the hypodermal sacs and the mobile upper eyelid in a thin layer. Excessive amounts of cosmetic product can cause unwanted reactions, including puffiness.
- Stretching the skin. If you remove makeup or apply cream, try to do it gently, without stretching the dermis, because these manipulations provoke the appearance of wrinkles.
The epidermis around the eyes is thin and delicate. This is where the first signs of aging appear. Improper nutrition, untimely or inadequate care - all this can cause early wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles. This can be avoided if you don't neglect the advances in cosmetology and use the right products for your skin type.
Prefer products based on natural ingredients. Products containing plant extracts and minerals from the Dead Sea are effective remedies.These eye creams provide intense nourishment and make the skin supple. At the same time the visible signs of aging are visibly reduced. The presence of pearl powder ensures even skin tone and elimination of dark circles. Creams with a similar composition are suitable for all skin types.
The vitamin serum has a beneficial effect on the skin. In addition to vitamins, it contains salts and minerals from the Dead Sea, as well as plant oils and extracts. These components provide optimal moisture levels and make the skin soft and velvety.
If you haven't yet chosen a skincare product for your eye area, now is the time to do it.